Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

George's Fans

With all the excitement of leaving for my trip back east, somehow I never got all these photos posted. I flew out at 6pm the night of our annual Harvest Festival. After a full day of fun, music and kid's activities, I grabbed my already packed bag and headed for the airport.


Absolutely !!!! Without a doubt !!! the hit of the day was George, the Giant Turkey! Kevin and Jaime Sammons have raised George to be a polite and very friendly turkey. He lives at the ranch with his mate, and when called upon to do duty as the official greeter for the Harvest Festival, he was only to happy to oblige. Jaime and Kevin patiently visited with each child, describing George's home, his habits ~ and the kids loved him! I hope that he will join us for years to come. As the sign said, "Hi, My name is George, and I live in a Vegetarian Household."

Donna and Eleanor thrilled the children with stories, Michelle helped them create a special painted pumpkin to take home of their very own, and for the adults ~ we were entertained by the soothing sounds of Jim Moore, a lovely wine tasting by Bill, and the great beer basted brat's by Bob. And George, we will see you again next year I hope!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin