Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nighttime

A dark and stormy sky awaited me as I made my way to the truck last night for the journey home after closing the nursery. The large cottonwood in the river garden standing out like an ink drawing against the winter sky. I try and try to get used to the time change, the fact that it is dark now when I close and lock the gate. I want to come home, change into my comfy clothes and hit the soil. Isn't that what makes the summer all the more special for us gardening folk. The fact that even if we work a ten hour day we still get our couple hours of "dirty fingernail" time. Some evenings I dig, sometimes I wander and check on the plants, and some evenings....I just sit.......and read.

I miss those. A lot.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin