Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Advice from my Friends

Over the course of the last eight years, whether you are new to the garden center or been a regular for the entire time...you have probably heard me mention "my friends." I am one of the lucky ones, to be surrounded by incredibly talented, hard working, creative and fun people....not just here at the nursery, but in my world outside of there also. Below my comments you will find a copy of one of my favorite poems. The author is Ilan Shamir, and since first publishing this poem he has now gone on to do many, many more. But it is this poem, his first that I learned of that I am coming back to now, because it this one that I was thinking about this morning while journaling. I received a poster of it from one of my dear friends just recently and it reminded me to go back and look at his other writings.


Some advice from my Friends

Don't turn your back on a new project, you never know what direction it will take you
Always take the time to read
Never go to bed without a cup of tea or grapefruit juice and a chocolate cookie
Always wear your sunscreen and drink lots of water
Travel.....travel.....travel.....
Explore your feelings through your writing
Use the winter garden to explore where spring will take you.
Follow your spirit, it usually knows where to take you.
Walk...walk....walk....whenever-where ever
Respect your elders, and show them you mean it.
Trust your instincts
Love with all your heart


Advice from a Tree By Ilan Shamir

Dear Friend,
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the light of a greater source
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The Energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter
Feel the wind and the sun And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night.
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Be flexible
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin