Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A lovely day in the garden

I spent the better part of yesterday tending to my own garden here at home. Between the gusts of wind that were omnipresent most of the afternoon I managed to get everything fertilized for the second time. A few years ago now, Robert put in a flagstone patio for me in the side yard that I use for my own little private garden. Made up of very large pieces that measure anywhere from 1' to 4' across it is very pretty and practical. About 2 years ago I started my "Thyme in the Garden" by planting different varieties of thyme in between the stones. At last count I had about 8 different varieties, and they have grown quite nicely and are even fairly evergreen during the winter months. I had never quite figured out a way to fertilize the area before though, and so last month I decided to just throw some leftover Dr. Earth Life broadcast pellets out there and see what happened. They LOVE it! Now I know that a lot of it has to do with the fact that the weather is warming up, and I am watering more.....but still....it looks beautifully full out there. Color is good and I can see all the new growth. I just threw it all over the top of the flagstone, and then gently sprinkled it to dissolve it. So if you have a problem area that you can’t really "scratch" the organic into, this might work for you too.
Well the wind looks like it may have left us for a day or two at least. I am so.... happy about that. It just dehydrates the plants so badly, so remember you may need to water a little extra. Enjoy the sunshine coming our way. See you soon, Susan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin