Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easy Fill

"Be careful what you wish for", my Mom would sometimes tell me. Well, in this case my wishing has brought on an abundance of birds in my side yard, and I love it! Finally, after years and years of making a mess filling these yellow finch socks, I have figured out an easy and efficient way to do it. When I shared my new method with a friend and realized that she had been having the same problems, I decided to pass along my find. Have another easy method? Let me know and I will post it up also. Have a great sunny Spring day! Susan
Start with an old watering plastic watering can, or pick one up at the dollar store. Cut the end off of it so that the pouring spout is larger.
Using a 20lb. bag of nyjer seed, open and carefully pour the bag into the can until it is 3/4 full. (one 20lb. bag will refill the size of yellow socks that we sell 20 times)Gather all your socks together....one watering can full will fill 6 socks all the way full.Place the end of the sock over the spout and pour!! No mess! No funnel ! No spill!Sit back and enjoy.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the idea... I love the gold finches. I am new to birding and I was amazed that earlier this year their yellow was more drab. "Winter Coat" I was told by the seasoned bird watchers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin