Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The raking continues........

Today I got to spend the better part of the warm sunshine hours outside in my own garden. I am not sure why, every year, I rake up the cottonwood leaves in late October. By the time mid-November rolls around, the entire ground is covered again, and the process starts all over. The leaves of the flowering pear are still holding on tight though.

I got into a lengthy discussion with one of our fellow gardeners the other day, and she actually told me about a neighbor that shoots his blower up into the trees to get them all down early. Not that is a little bit too much for me. I will wait, and watch them gently fall to the ground, for a month or so, and then get out there and get it done. The weather was so incredibly beautiful today. The perfect fall day. I was also busy making more cookies for this weekend. Hope you can join us as we welcome in the holiday season at both stores with treats and goodies.


Today is an exciting day at the Henderson/Thompson households. I say households!!! because the kids signed the papers today, it is official, they are homeowners. Congratulations kids, we are so proud of you, and can't wait to visit you at the new house in person!!!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you! We also can't wait for you to come visit!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin